EDUCATION & PROJECTS
- Docent in Contemporary History, specialising in Political Communication (18.5.2017). University of Turku, FINLAND.
- Doctor of Social Sciences (24.9. 2014) Main field of Study: Contemporary History. Faculty of Social Sciences. University of Turku, FINLAND.
- Master of Social Sciences (22.9.2004). Faculty of Social Sciences. University of Turku, FINLAND.
- ‘Abroad this would create a storm’: A Study on Populist Parties’ Racism-related Scandals and Journalistic Choices. (Senior Researcher, project director 2016-2017). Funded by the Helsingin Sanomat Foundation.
- Election Campaigns as Signification Struggles. The History of Finnish Post-War Election Campaigning. Centre for Parliamentary Studies, University of Turku. Funded by the Emil Aaltonen Foundation. (Senior Researcher in 2015-2016).
- The Mediation of Expertise. The Functions of Expert Opinion in News Journalism. Centre for Parliamentary Studies, University of Turku. Funded by the Helsingin Sanomat Foundation. (Senior Researcher 1.6.2014–30.2.2015).
- Political Power in Finland. An Analysis of Central Government Institutions and Actors. School of Management. University of Tampere, Finland. (Doctoral Candidate 1.10.2012–31.5.2014).
- The History of Theatricalisation of Politics. University of Turku. Funded by the Academy of Finland. (Doctoral Candidate 2010-2011).
- Media Agenda in the Municipal Elections of 2009. Funded by The Foundation for Municipal Development, KAKS. (Researcher 2009)
- The State and Future of Finnish Political Journalism. Funded by Helsingin Sanomat Foundation. (Researcher 2008-2009).
- History of Finnish Parliament. A 12-volume book series on Finnish Parliament and Democracy. Centre for Parliamentary Studies and Eduskunta, the parliament of Finland. (Sub-editor 1.12.2004-31.12.2007).
- Media Analysis on European Parliament Elections of 2004. (Researcher, 2004).
- Visiting Researcher. Institute for Human Rights. University of Valencia, SPAIN (April 2017- June 2018).
- Guest Researcher. Centre for European Research (CERGU). University of Gothenburg, SWEDEN. (January & February 2017).
- Visiting Researcher. Journalism and Creative Writing. Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Strathclyde. Glasgow, UNITED KINGDOM (2013-2016).
- Participant (by invitation) in the U.S. Government international Visitor Leadership Program. Current U.S. Social, Political and Economic Issues for Young European Leaders. A Regional project for Europe and Eurasia. UNITED STATES (15.9.-7.10. 2012).
- Political Leadership and Democratic Change. Summer School in Comparative Social Science Studies by Prof. Takis Pappas. University of Oslo. NORWAY (23.–27.7. 2012).